How to backup your computer, PC, or MAC!
Are you looking for a backup utility or computer file backup service?
For just $4 a month you can store all your photos, data, files, and more online securely!
I love this service…
Just $4 a month to have the piece of mind that my computer files can’t get lost, stolen, or deleted by accident!
That’s $50 a year to backup my computer!
If I have a disaster or my laptop is stolen I can recover my files, pictures, and track my computer if the thieves turn it on!!
Here are some of the features that caused me to choose Backblaze!
* Unlimited Storage - It doesn’t matter how much data you have on your computer. They will backup all of your file, data, pictures, videos, and more. You can even try the service for free! Plus at any time you can look to verify that your files have been backed up to their servers!
* External Drive Support – If you already have an external backup drive they will help you to take that data too and store it safely online with them. Once you have all your data and information stored, the system automatically backup your files!
* Military-Grade Encryption – They use a very secure means of transferring your data and information so you don’t have to worry about your information being lost, damaged, stolen, or viewed by anyone! In fact they even warn you that if you forget your sign in email and password you may never get in… So make sure that you remember this very important login and password. Don’t worry, it’s something you create that’s unique to you!
* Continuous Backup – Their system works in the background of your computer so everything you do is being backed up all the time. I love this feature because I already have limited time as it is. I always seem to go weeks without doing some sort of computer backup. Now that I have this service I just don’t worry about it! There is a lag of about three (3) hours for new files to be completely backed up! Less for smaller changes and smaller files! If you leave your computer on and connected to the internet and walk away from it for a little while it will take more resources and backup faster. See “automatic throttle” below!
* Automatically Finds Files – It’s very simple… You sign up with an email and password. Download their program and run it. Backblaze goes to work searching and backing your file up to the web or rather their servers. You can go into the settings and tweak the file sizes that are uploaded. I recommend you do this if you have any files over 4 GB that you want to store.
* Automatic Throttle – They have a setting tab that you will see after you download and run the program. Remember it is free for the first 15 days. So you can download,run, and tweak the setting as you need them. The automatic throttle cause the backup process to run slower so your computer doesn’t while you are working on it!
* Locate Computer – My favorite part of the service. If my or your computer is stolen or lost, and the thief turns it on it can be found! In fact, I was just checking the service and my personal backup. I click a tab that said “Locate My Computer”, and up on the screen came a map of where I am sitting right now! SWEET!
* Free Web Restore – Some service charge you to send you your files and restore your computer. Backblaze doesn’t! You can actually log in and see the files that are stored and backed up! You can then select to restore all of your files or just certain ones! This is great if you buy a new computer or have a computer that is damaged. lost, or stolen. You can just get a new computer and download all of your data, picture, files… And you are right back where you where before the shizzle hit the fan, so to speak!
* Restore to USB Hard Drive or Flash Drive – I personally don’t even know why you would need this! But I guess if you go somewhere and you don’t have your computer you could log on from any computer and select a file and download it. Let’s say you go to a friends house and you want to show off your photos… You could log on and download your photo file to a zip or to their computer and view them!
GO AHEAD AND CHECK IT OUT…
IT’S FREE TO TAKE FOR A TEST DRIVE!